The Fathering Project aims to improve child development outcomes by inspiring and equipping fathers and father figures to effectively engage with their kids.
The Fathering Project delivers resources, programs and events specific to the engagement style and needs of dads and father-figures.
- Our purpose is to partner with individuals and communities to change lives for the better.
- We fund high-impact research to understand how fathers impact their children’s lives.
- We deliver programs and services to improve family relationships and connectedness to change children’s lives for the better.
- We build community awareness about the crucial impact fathers have on their children’s lives through delivering awareness campaigns and providing access to research-based information and resources.
- We develop tools and resources to support fathers, families and communities.
- We advocate to governments and industry for increased awareness of fathers’ roles in society, work and family and for funding and resources.
- We support professionals who work with fathers, children, and families to prevent long term social and emotional issues and build strong and enduring relationships in families and between fathers and children.
It’s all about the kids:
Studies show that the cumulative effect of improved fathering can influence a number of positive outcomes across the board including:
- Improved child development
- Improved health outcomes
- Improved school results
- Improved functionality of at-risk families
- Reduced substance abuse
- Reduced crime
- Reduced suicide & self-harm.
We’re taking a research-backed and preventative approach to improve the lives of children, by engaging fathers and father-figures – inspiring and equipping them to be the best they can be.
For every child in Australia to have an effective father figure.
- We care about people
- We act with integrity in what we do
- We act as an inspiration to fathers to be the best they can be
We help fathers to be the best that they can be by engaging them with our activities and resources. The knock-on effect of this is clear; better outcomes for kids.
Keen to support us?
Help us inspire and equip dads, for the benefit of kids.
Support from people just like you makes our vision a possibility.
Read more about how to support us.