It can sometimes be difficult to know if your child is being cyberbullied and as they get older it is less likely they will tell you.
It is important for parents to monitor their children’s online activities and encourage their child to talk about any troubling experiences.
Some signs your child might be being bullied online:
- Being upset after using the internet or their mobile phone
- Appearing more lonely or distressed, withdrawn, anxious, sad or angry
- Unexpected changes in friendship groups
- Having trouble sleeping
- Avoidance of school or other activities they previously enjoyed
- Becoming secretive about their online activities and mobile phone use