What is the dad’s role on Mother’s Day? Sunday, 8 May, is Mother’s Day, a day for kids around the world to acknowledge and thank Mum for all the hard work she puts into raising them.
Dads are expected to help decide on and purchase the gifts, assist with preparing breakfast in bed or another special meal, and generally make sure Mum gets a day off, right? Well, yes and no. Here are a few other suggestions:
- Spend time with the kids planning the day
- Help the children make personalised gifts and cards at home – they are always more appreciated and treasured than the store-bought variety
- Don’t forget your own Mum – give her a call, drop in to visit and/or share a meal
- Thank your wife or partner for the wonderful way she is helping bring up your children.
- Start a family ritual for the day – an activity or outing you all do together
One of our supporters, Kym, has written an article on celebrating mum’s first Mother’s Day.