The older children get, the busier they become and the harder it can be to find moments to connect. Here are a few tools you might use to find a few extra minutes with your teenager.
- Make the most of time in the car – drive them to and from friends’ houses or outings and spend the travel catching-up.
- Encourage them to help you cook meals in the kitchen or on the barbecue.
- When they are learning to drive, supervise their driving practice.
- Watch sport together – either at the game or on TV.
- Exercise together – go to the gym, for a run or sign up for a social team sport together.
- Plan and then take a holiday together.