Here are some tips on what you should advise your child to do if they are being bullied face-to-face.
If you child is bullied face-to-face and can’t stop it from happening:
- Stay calm and try not to get upset or angry. This is probably what the person bullying wants you to do.
- Don’t fight back. If you fight back you can make the situation worse, get hurt, or be blamed for starting the trouble.
- Try standing up for yourself in a positive way if you feel you are able to.
- Try to act in a way that ignores the bullying by calmly turning and walking away.
- Walk away from the situation as quickly as possible.
- Tell a trusted adult what has happened straight away.