As well as being healthy physically, good mental health is very important in helping you be the best dad you can be for your kids.
- Build a support network of family and friends, and nurture these relationships.
- Have a broad range of interests (work, family, sport, hobbies) and spend time on the things you enjoy.
- Develop skills to help you cope better in stressful situations – e.g. anger management, relaxation techniques or assertiveness.
- Recognise and accept the things you can’t change.
- Don’t think you have to do it alone – share issues with an empathetic listener, and ask for help sooner rather than later.