Find your favourite BBQ sauce add some maple syrup and away you go! This recipe is something that I just threw together and it works. Cooking the pork slowly for a few hours helps render the fat down. Slicing it and frying it off helps caramelise the fat and bring out the flavours.
- Prep time
- At least 2hrs slow cooking the Pork, up to 4hrs.
- Stir fry about 10min total
1kg Pork Rasher (thick cut)
1 capsicum – chunky diced
1 onion – diced
2 medium carrots – diced
5 cloves garlic chopped
½ cup bbq sauce
1/3 cup maple syrup
2tbs soy sauce
½ cup rice per person
- Mix BBQ sauce, Maple Syrup and Soy sauce in a bowl and add Pork. Lay pork in baking dish and cover with baking paper and foil to create a lid. Save marinade for later. Cook in a low oven (100C Fan) for 2-4hrs.
- Once Pork is cooked, get rice cooking.
- Slice Pork into small pieces. Mix into the remaining marinade. Fry off in wok until colour starts to show. Set aside.
- In the same wok cook garlic and onion for 60 seconds. Add carrot and fry off for another 60 seconds and then add capsicum. Fry off for 2min. Add pork and marinade.
- Once rice is cooked serve up!
Cooking with Cameron
The Fathering Channel