This week was kids’ choice, and bound to be your kids’ favourite.
Prep time: up to 24 hours but as little as 20 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 4 chicken breasts
- 500ml (bottle) butter milk
- 1 lemon
- Herbs to suit
- 5 cloves of garlic
- Brussel sprouts
- 4 large potatoes
- 100ml of milk
- 50 grams of butter
- Handful of cheese
- In a container place chicken breasts and cover with butter milk. Cover and refrigerate for up to 24hrs.
- Drain off excess butter milk and place chicken on a tray. Cover both sides with herbs. Heat up the frying pan and add a good glug of oil to cover the surface the surface of the pan. Grill chicken off. Squeeze half a lemon over the chicken when its nearly cooked. Remove from the heat.
- In the same hot pan add butter and garlic. Sauté off the veggies. Squeeze the other half of the lemon over the veggies.
- Boil enough water to cover the potatoes. Boil till soft. Drain water and discard the water. Mash potatoes with milk and butter and cheese.
- Serve up!
Every Wednesday, we’re calling all dads to apron up with the kids and cook dinner for the family. Show us your MasterChef skills by tagging @thefatheringproject across Facebook and Instagram.
Subscribe for Updates