Roasted Macadamia Nut Salad and Minted Lamb Cutlets
Cams put together a Boxing Day Feast which makes a perfect Backyard BBQ – Minted Lamb Cutlets with Roasted Macadamia Green Salad.
Roasted Macadamia Nut Salad
Salads are a simple quick dish to pull together. Yet a few simple things can make them pop and stand out. Roasting some nuts, of your taste, is one way to really add crunch to a salad.
This recipe is for a small salad for 4 people as a side dish
- 1 baby Cous lettuce
- 1 carrot grated
- ¼ red onion slice
- 1 green garlic grated
- ½ cucumber sliced
- 1 red apple thinly sliced
- ¼ cup roasted macadamia nuts
- 5 mushrooms sliced
- Heat oven to 200c. Roast macadamia nuts for about 5 min or till browning. Let cool.
- Combine all ingredients into a bowl except for the apple. Slice and add apple just before serving to keep it fresh and crunchy.
- Serve up with some BBQ lamb cutlets, brushed with mint sauce, and lightly seasoned!
- 6-8 lamb cutlets
- Minted sauce
- Seasoning, salt & pepper
The Fathering Project
Cooking with Cameron