Vietnamese Caramelised Pork
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1.5 hrs
Adapted from www.taste.com
- 100g brown sugar
- 800g pork belly cut into pieces
- 250ml coconut water (substitute stock)
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- Crushed ginger to taste
- 2tb fish sauce
- Steamed rice
- Veggies of your choice
- Dice up pork belly.
- Place brown sugar and 1tb water in a large frying pan over high heat. Reduce for 4-5min or until sugar dissolves and darkens to a caramel.
- Add pork to the pan and coat with caramel. Stir in coconut water. Bring to the boil. Stir in garlic, ginger and fish sauce. Reduce to a simmer, leave uncovered for about 1 1/2 hrs or until pork is tender and the sauce gets thick and glossy.
- Turn grill on to full and place pan underneath and cook till the pork starts to get a char look to it. This won’t take long so don’t walk away!
Serve on rice with an accompaniment of veggies.
The Fathering Channel
Cooking with Cameron
Every Wednesday, we’re calling all dads to apron up with the kids and cook dinner for the family. Show us your MasterChef skills by tagging @thefatheringproject across Facebook and Instagram.
Subscribe for Updates