Cam talks us through packing his and his partners bags for the big day
Why should you pack both bags? In the rush of getting to the hospital, settling into the birthing room, it’s good to know where everything is.
Cam’s hospital bag list:
- Phone and phone charger
- My wallet and key card
- Some health snacks in case we are up all night
- Load some short videos, and programs to watch if we all need to take a break or a rest
- A change of clothes, sweatshirt, and some swimwear in case I can help out in the shower or bathing area
- I like my own pillow so that’s in the bag, some toiletries to make sure I look my best for a first photo
- A selection of some music and massage natural massage oils that I know Jules likes
- A few masks and I have packed 2 water bottles
- Don’t forget the toothbrush, toothpaste and deodorant!
It’s also a good idea to pack your partner’s bag – she can oversee the packing, but if you do it then when things get busy, you know where everything is.
About Cameron Merchant
Australian cricketer Cameron Merchant had a Second XI career in Australia before moving to New Zealand to play first class cricket in 2007. The left-handed batsman (and occasional right-arm off-break bowler) scored more than 1,000 runs in First and Second XI cricket, including two centuries and five half-centuries.
After appearing on Australia’s ‘Married at First Sight’ TV show in 2019, Cam went on to marry his reality TV wife Jules Robinson in real life! The pair are now expecting parents, and Cam joins us to chat about his impending transition to family life.