Apple Pear and Granola Muffins
One of our family favourites for the weekend!
- 300g spelt flour
- 2tsp baking powder
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- 125g rice malt syrup (optionally split 50/50 with golden syrup and rice malt syrup)
- 250ml whole milk
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 100g butter, melted
- 2 small ripe pears, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 1 small green apple, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 100g crunchy granola
- Preheat oven to 180c and line muffin tin with paper cases.
- Mix flour, baking powder, cinnamon into a large bowl.
- Whisk milk, eggs and butter. Add rice malt syrup. Combine with dry ingredients and mix well. Stir in half the granola.
- Divide the batter between the muffin cases and sprinkle remaining granola over the top.
- Bake for 25-30min or until a skewer can be inserted into the middle of the muffins and comes out clean. Leave to cool.
Serve with a hot chocolate for afternoon tea.
The Fathering Channel
Cooking with Cameron