Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes (rice), and 10 minutes (prawns)
- 500g green prawns, peeled
- 5 cloves garlic
- 100g butter
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/2 carrot
- 1/2 capsicum
- 3 cups rice
- 40ml white wine
- Peel prawns but leave tails on. Marinade in garlic, lemongrass and a splash of olive oil. Leave for a minimum of 30 mins.
- Thinly slice carrot and capsicum. Set aside.
- Using a rice cooker or your preferred method – set the rice to cook. This will take up to 30 minutes depending on cooking method.
- Heat oil and 50g butter in a medium to large fry pan.
- Cook prawns for 3 minutes max. (Don’t overload the pan – you might need to cook in batches.)
- Once prawns are cooked, remove them from the pan.
- Add the remaining butter to the pan and melt over a medium to low heat. Once melted, add white wine. Bring to a simmer then remove from the heat and return the prawns to the pan. Stir the prawns gently through the sauce.
- Serve prawns on a bed of rice, dress with a few carrot strips and capsicum strips. Sprinkle sesame seeds (to taste) and drizzle on some of the sauce from the pan.