Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes (rice), and 10 minutes (prawns)
- 500g green prawns, peeled
- 5 cloves garlic
- 100g butter
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/2 carrot
- 1/2 capsicum
- 3 cups rice
- 40ml white wine
- Peel prawns but leave tails on. Marinade in garlic, lemongrass and a splash of olive oil. Leave for a minimum of 30 mins.
- Thinly slice carrot and capsicum. Set aside.
- Using a rice cooker or your preferred method – set the rice to cook. This will take up to 30 minutes depending on cooking method.
- Heat oil and 50g butter in a medium to large fry pan.
- Cook prawns for 3 minutes max. (Don’t overload the pan – you might need to cook in batches.)
- Once prawns are cooked, remove them from the pan.
- Add the remaining butter to the pan and melt over a medium to low heat. Once melted, add white wine. Bring to a simmer then remove from the heat and return the prawns to the pan. Stir the prawns gently through the sauce.
- Serve prawns on a bed of rice, dress with a few carrot strips and capsicum strips. Sprinkle sesame seeds (to taste) and drizzle on some of the sauce from the pan.
Every Wednesday, we’re calling all dads to apron up with the kids and cook dinner for the family. Show us your MasterChef skills by tagging @thefatheringproject across Facebook and Instagram.
Subscribe for Updates