Gooday Dads great to have you back. Welcome to cooking with Cameron on the Fathering Channel, all the way from my abode in Tassie.
This week I am going to show you how to serve up a very tasty dish, one of my family favourites – Mega Pork Schnitzels served with a fresh garden salad. And if you really want to go over the top pop some potato wedges in the oven to cook too!
Please post a snap and share it using our hashtag #thefatheringproject #thefatheringchannel #dadscooknight
Mega Pork Schnitzel
- 8 thin pork loin steaks (500g packet)
- 1 ½ cups plain flour
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 ½ cups panko breadcrumbs
- ½ cup packaged breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/3 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- Olive oil, to shallow fry
- 1 ½ cups coarsely grated mozzarella cheese
- 400g jar Napolitana sauce
- 100g sliced ham, torn
- 120g baby rocket leaves
- 2/3 cup coarsely chopped semi-dried tomatoes
- 1½ tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Arrange pork steaks on a plastic wrap lined board, overlapping to form a large circle (see note). Cover with another sheet of plastic wrap. Using a rolling pin or meat mallet, lightly pound to flatten to about 1cm. Freeze for 1 hour until completely frozen and firm.
- Place flour in a large shallow dish or tray. Pour egg into another large shallow dish or tray. Combine breadcrumbs, half the parsley and half the parmesan cheese in another large dish or tray.
- When ready to coat pork, remove from freezer and dip into flour, then egg and lastly breadcrumb mixture. Place onto a foil lined baking tray. Preheat grill to high.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan or flameproof baking dish over medium-high heat. Cook schnitzel, turning (see note), for 4-5 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. Return to tray. Scatter with half the mozzarella cheese. Top with sauce, ham and remaining mozzarella and parmesan cheese. Grill for 5 minutes or until golden and melted.
- Meanwhile, combine rocket leaves, semi-dried tomatoes and vinegar in a large bowl. Season. Toss to coat. Serve parmigiana with rocket salad, and garnish with remaining parsley.
- Set the table! Kids can create a colour themed table including something creative for the table centre-piece. Give them the challenge, encourage their creativity!
Then post a picture on your socials tagging #thefatheringproject, #cookingwithcameron and #thefatheringchannel