A family favourite! Well at least ours. It was on the table for any family gathering and always cooked by my grandmother. Now we have passed it on to our kids as well. Impossible pie is a 1 bowl and 1 baking dish cook. Mixing the ingredients, the flour settles and the coconut rises and that then leaves a yummy middle. 3 layers without the hard work.
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup flour
- 60g butter, melted
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ¼ tsp nutmeg for the top
400g tin pie apples or a couple of apples sliced and cooked down in brown sugar.
- Preheat oven to 180c. Grease a 20cm pie plate
- In a bowl gently mix all ingredients with a whisk. It will remain lumpy. That’s good.
- Variation add apple to base of pie dish.
- Pour into pie dish and sprinkle top with nutmeg.
- Cook for 45min. It will be ‘bloated’ in the middle and then settle as it cools.
- Allow to cool completely. If you can, leave it in the fridge overnight. (Yeah right! The smell will tempt you!!)
Cooking with Cameron
The Fathering Channel