Looking for an easy dinner for the kids? Dads you can serve up a delicious, healthy dinner balanced with vegies and salad this week.
Salmon patties are a great simple recipe that can be as simple as you like or as over the top as you like. I love to hide veggies into the mix to make sure my kids get a great balance meal. You can use either fresh salmon or tinned, I prefer fresh but that’s partly due to the fact I can get it at a good price here in Tasmania. Serve up with chips and salad, roast veggies or even make burgers with them. In the video I diced up the veggies but grating them is a much better way. Cooking can be done either in the oven, fry pan, or on the bbq plate
- 450g salmon (large tin)
- 1 large onion
- ½ carrot
- ½ capsicum
- ½ tin corn
- 1 ½ cups of bread crumbs
- 2-3 eggs
- ½ cup cheese
- Seasoning to suit your taste
- Grate veggies
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl gently
- Grab about an ice cream scoop size amount of mix and roll into a ball. Placing on a tray. Repeat till all mix is rolled
- Refrigerate for 1hr covered
- Spray with cooking oil and cook in a pre heated oven (180c Fan) for 30min. Turning over at the 15min mark.
- Serve up with chips and salad or you favourite roast veggies.
The Fathering Project
Cooking with Cameron
Every Wednesday, we’re calling all dads to apron up with the kids and cook dinner for the family. Show us your MasterChef skills by tagging @thefatheringproject across Facebook and Instagram.
Subscribe for Updates