Chicken legs are a cheap and easy meal. You can serve them up with chips, salad or roast veggies. Even have them cold and on their own. This recipe is great for dinner or lunch. It comes together quick and will become a family favourite. NB: This recipe was doubled in the video tutorial.
8 chicken legs
- 2 tbsp Dijion mustard
- 1 tbsp whole grain mustard
- 1/4 cup honey (or golden syrup)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp cornflour (you might require a second tsp if sauce is still runny)
- Sweet potatoes
- Preheat oven to 180c
- Mix sauce together
- Place drumsticks into deep baking dish
- Pour marinade over drumsticks
- Bake for 30 min and turn legs over and cook for another 30min
- Cut potatoes, beetroot and onion into small pieces and bake for an hour
- Remove drumsticks from dish. If the sauce hasn’t thickened, pour into a saucepan and add a teaspoon of cornflour and mix until it boils and thickens.
- Boil water in saucepan and add beans and carrots for 60 seconds
- Serve up and enjoy!
Cooking with Cameron
The Fathering Channel
Every Wednesday, we’re calling all dads to apron up with the kids and cook dinner for the family. Show us your MasterChef skills by tagging @thefatheringproject across Facebook and Instagram.
Subscribe for Updates