Another fun way to cook the humble potato! With a few simple cuts you can make some fun potato chips like what you get from the food vans. Get creative with the seasoning as well! I have just used garlic butter and rosemary here but spice it up and season to taste. The key to making the spuds really crunch up is to soak it in cold water for a good half hour or longer, if you have time. It removes some of the starch and allows the spud to crisp up.
- 4 potatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic (chopped)
- 100g butter
- Sprig of rosemary
- Preheat oven to 180c
- Slice potato into thickness of about 5mm
- Using 2 skewers either side of a slice of potato, cut through, but not all the way. Using the skewers as a depth guide. Turn potato over and twist 45degrees and slice again using the skewers as a guide.
- Place the cut potatoes in a bowl, fill with cold water and leave to soak for at least 30min.
- Drain off the water and gently push skewer through the sliced potato and ‘fan’ out the potato. Place on baking tray, repeat.
- Melt butter and add garlic and rosemary and mix. Coat potatoes generously with butter mix.
- Roast for 45min or till golden brown and crispy.
- Serve up as a snack or as a side for dinner.
Cooking with Cameron
The Fathering Project