The good old BLT, Bacon lettuce tomato, salad. A simple salad that usually ends up on a sandwich or toasty. A salad that is easy to throw together and super tasty. I’ve cut bacon into small chunks and fried off to give crispy bits of bacon goodness. I have swapped out the tomatoes for semi sun dried tomatoes. Already super sizing the flavour. Then I have gone to town with a bunch of other ingredients to make it really tasty. When you are working on a salad just think colours. It’s all about how it looks.
- 300gm crispy stripped bacon bits
- Semi sun dried Tomatoes
- Carrots – grated
- Red onion – finely sliced
- Cucumber – sliced
- Mango – cubed
- Beetroot – diced
- Boiled egg – cut in half
- Dice up and fry off bacon in a little bit of the oil from the sun dried tomatoes.
- On a large serving dish lay out lettuce, carrots, onion, cucumber, mango, beetroot, boiled egg, semi sun dried tomatoes. Finish off with the crispy bacon bits.
- Serve up on its own or as part of a bbq meal.
Cooking with Cameron
The Fathering Project