Nothing like fresh muffins! Blueberries just seem to go hand in hand with muffins and are a crowd favourite. Throw in some choc chips and they go off the Richter scale! Eat them fresh, freeze them for later or throw them I the kids school lunch box. And they don’t really take long to make. In the video I made a double batch. Hopefully last longer!
- 1 ½ cups spelt flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 large egg
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup vege oil
- ¾ cup vanilla yoghurt (or fruit yoghurt)
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- 100 g fresh or frozen blueberries
- 50g choc chips
- Pre heat oven to 180c
- Whisk spelt flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Whisk egg, brown sugar, oil, yoghurt and lemon juice till combined.
- Combine wet and dry mixes. Add blueberries and choc chips and gently fold through
- Lay out muffin papers and add batter to about ¼ of the cup.
- Bake for 25min or till cooked thru. Use a skewer to test , if it come our wet and sticky give them another 5min. If dry then time to cool and enjoy!!
Cooking with Cameron
The Fathering Project