This recipe has been developed as a simple flavoured dish. One that is low in Amines and Salicylates, if you have food intolerances with these then this recipe is great for you. The Pesto mix quantities are more than you need for a serving for 4 so divide it up and freeze it.
- 500g chicken fillets – diced
- 600g curly pasta
- 200g green beans chopped
- Fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 300g Brussel Sprouts – halved
- 6 spring onion – roughly chopped
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 cup raw or roasted and unsalted cashews
- 1 ½ cups rice bran oil
- Place Brussel Sprouts in a microwave proof bowl with a splash of water. Cook for 2min
- Get Pasta cooking. Big pot of boiling water and cook till just tender. Drain
- In a food processor blend Pesto ingredients for about 2min till combined. If you want it finer blender it longer.
- In a frypan cook diced chicken and add 4tbs of Pesto mix. Add more if you think it needs it. Add green beans and combine. Cook till chicken is almost cooked. It will finish in the over
- Combine pasta and chicken in an oven proof dish and garnish with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Place in a moderate oven, 180c fan, for about 25min or till cheese is melted and there is a crunchy top.
- Serve up
Cooking with Cameron
The Fathering Project