Throw out the diet, this is decadent to say the least! So tasty that you might need to make a few if there is a party!!! The recipe is simple and you can add flavours to the cheese cake to suit your desires. This one I have made chocolate and raspberry flavoured cheese cake. 20min to put together and then 6hrs to set and away you go.
- 32 lamington Fingers
- ¼ cup boiling water
- 3tsp gelatine powder
- 500g cream cheese, softened
- 2tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup caster sugar
- 330ml coconut cream
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- 2tsp raspberry sauce/jam
- 300ml thickened cream whipped (optional for dressing the cake)
- Jam lamingtons, cute into quarters (for dressing the top of the cake)
- Grease and line a 22cm springform round tin. Line base and side with lamington fingers. Trim to fit. Make sure it is a tight fit.
- Combine gelatine and boiling water. Let it cool.
- In an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, vanilla and sugar till combined. Gradually add coconut cream, beating until combined. Add gelatine to the mixture, beating till all ingredients just combined.
- Divide into halves. One half mix with cocoa powder, the other half mix in the raspberry sauce.
- Place mixtures into the lamington walled and based tin. Using a chopstick or skewer gently mix and create a marbled effect.
- Refrigerate for at least 6hrs, or till set
- Remove from springform tin and place on serving plater.
- Optional – whip cream and make the top look pretty.
- Lay out jam lamingtons on top and dribble some more raspberry sauce on top.
Serve up and enjoy!
Cooking with Cameron
The Fathering Project