An old family favourite! I had never made lemon butter before but now it is something I will make regularly because it is easier than you think! The sweet and citrus tart flavour just screams summer. Spread it over toast, mix it in with cakes, put in in mini meringues.
- 4 lemons
- 4 large eggs
- 225g butter (room temp)
- 320g caster sugar
- Crack and whisk 4 eggs in a saucepan
- Add caster sugar and butter to the eggs
- Zest the 4 lemons and then juice them. Add to the saucepan.
- Place over a medium heat and stir constantly to combine.
- Stir till it thickens, maybe 10min at the most. Remembering it will thicken more as it cools and is refrigerated.
- Whilst hot pour into jars and seal the lid. Allow to cool and store in the fridge.
Cooking with Cameron
The Fathering Project