This recipe my niece has shared with me and showed me how to cook. It is a basic recipe that you can add and subtract as much as you want. Enjoy
- 50 grams butter
- 1⁄4 cup plain flour
- 2 cups milk
- 250g cheddar cheese
- 100g parmesan
- ½ cauliflower head, cut into quartered florets
- The same amount of broccoli, cut the same way
- 6 strips of bacon (to suit your taste)
- Breadcrumbs to coat
- Extra cheese to top
- A bag (500g) of pasta (macaroni if you’d believe it)
- Preheat the oven to 180c
- (Making the bechamel sauce). Melt 50g butter over low heat. Add 1⁄4 cup flour. When combined, turn off heat and slowly pour in milk while whisking. When fully added, bring to the boil and it will thicken (yay). Turn off the heat (again) and mix in cheese.
- Boil water over high heat. Steam cauliflower and broccoli until it floats. Take cauliflower and broccoli out of the water and replace with pasta. Cook according to packet directions.
- Fry bacon after chopping it up.
- Combine pasta, bechamel sauce, cauliflower, broccoli, and bacon in a baking dish. Mix well and top with breadcrumbs and some extra cheese. Cook in the oven for 10-15 minutes until it looks good to eat.
Cooking with Cameron
The Fathering Project