Easy to make pasta carbonara. Have it as a side dish or as a main course. The trick is the timing in getting the pasta cool enough but still hot enough to cook the eggs without scrambling them.
You can use any pasta – Spaghetti/fettuccini/penne it really is up to your taste. Cooking the bacon and mushrooms down first is easier to keep warm than having the pasta go cold whilst waiting for the bacon to cook.
- 1 box fettuccine pasta
- 400g diced bacon
- 250g mushrooms
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- 4 cloves of garlic
- In a fry pan on medium to high heat melt butter and cook bacon till nearly crispy. Just before it is cooked add mushrooms and finish cooking.
- Beat 4 eggs together and add half the cheese to the mix.
- In a large pot of boiling add 1 packet of fettuccine pasta. Cook until it is al dente (just firm and not mushy) I find trying to pinch a piece it should be just ‘easy’ to split.
- Drain pasta and return to pot. Add bacon and mushroom mix and stir through. Add egg and cheese mix and stir through. Add remaining cheese and stir in.
- Serve up!
Cooking with Cameron
The Fathering Project