Potato Rosti is really just a fancy way of saying a hash brown. Grated or diced potato pressed together and pan fired. Usually served up as part of breakfast but can be served up as part of the main meal instead of Mash Potatoes! Make small Rosti’s and load them up like a bite size entrée. It’s up to you how you dress them up. In the video we lay out a few options, smoked salmon & cucumber, bacon and fried egg, meat sauce and sour cream, prosciutto and boiled eggs. I kept the left overs and used them for breakfast the next day. Let them cool and freeze them for later.
- Prep time
- 30 minutes (pending the size of your fry pan)
- 5 large potatoes (skin on or off)
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbs flour
- Seasoning to taste
- Wash potatoes and peel if you want really white Rosti’s or leave the skin on for a rustic look.
- Grate potatoes and squeeze out excess moisture. Place in a bowl.
- Add eggs, flour and seasoning. Mix well
- Heat fry pan to medium. Add a knob of butter.
- Shape potato into round discs to the size you want. Lay out on the fry pan.
- Cook for about 15min total, turning every few minutes so it doesn’t burn.
- Serve up hot!
Cooking with Cameron
The Fathering Channel