Maryland is a fancy name for the chicken leg and thigh cut of the Chicken. If you are picky and don’t like the white meat of the chicken then this cut is for you. The humble roast is simple and easy to prepare, you just need the hour to cook it!
- 4 Marylands
- Lemon and herb seasoning
- Spray oil
- Sweet potatoes
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180c Fan
- Line baking tray with baking paper and place chicken cuts skin side up.
- Spay with cooking oil and add Lemon and herb seasoning to taste.
- Cut up potatoes and rinse in cold water (if you can leave them for an hour that will take a good amount of starch out and help crisp them up), cut sweet potatoes, carrots and onion in to medium size pieces.
- Place veges into a bowl and give liberal amount of olive oil and lemon and herb seasoning.
- Place on baking tray and place both chicken and veges into the oven. For a minimum of 1hr.
- At the 40min mark take the chicken out and spray with oil again, increase the temp to 210c. This will really help with the browning of the skin.
- Boil water in saucepan and add cut broccoli. When the water comes back to the boil drain and the broccoli is ready to serve.
- Remove chicken once its cooked. Let rest for 10min. Add juices to some gravox to help give the gravy some extra flavour.
- Serve up!
Cooking with Cameron
The Fathering Project