True humble peanut satay. A sauce that goes with just about anything. Make it mild make it hot, make it however you might like it. A satay sauce comes together easily and can be pulled together in about 5min.
- 500gm green prawns peeled and skewered
- Garlic butter
- Olive oil
Thai peanut sauce
- 2tbsp red curry powder (plus or minus to your taste
- 180gm peanut butter
- 400ml coconut milk (full fat)
- 50g white sugar
- 2tsp dark soy
- 1tbsp cider vinegar
- 185ml water
- Over a medium heat, combine sauce ingredients in a saucepan. Using a whisk blend together and simmer till it starts to thickens. About 5min.
- Either bbq or on a pan fry off the prawn skewers 2min each side in garlic butter and olive oil.
- Use the sauce as a dipping sauce or pour over the prawns on a plate.