We are all about making life simple. That’s why I’m a big fan of recipes that feature leftovers!
So, how do you make leftovers taste good and go further? We regularly cook for more than just our family and always seem to have leftovers. Sometimes though there is only a few sausages left. My kids normally eat 3-4 each! So when there is only 4 or 5 left and you want to feed a family of 4 it becomes a simple option, add pasta and veggies. Pasta and veggies help to pad it out. So get creative with what you have in the fridge and whip up a quick leftover meal.
- 4 cooked sausages
- Tomato sauce
- 1 box of spiral pasta
- Garlic butter
- Cheese – Parmesan or mozzarella
- Cook pasta in boiling water till just cooked thru. Drain off water and set aside. Basically not chewy, just soft.
- Dice up veges and sausages.
- In a frypan melt garlic butter and add veges and cook off for 2-3 min. Add sausages and cook for another 60seconds.
- Add Pasta to fry pan. Add tomato sauce to the mix and stir thru. Only enough to make it ‘wet’ not thick covering. The sauce is to enhance the other flavours not rule the flavour.
- Serve up in a bowl and add cheese over the top.
Cooking with Cameron
The Fathering Project