The family favourite! The good old apple crumble. Again, another dessert that can be simple or have flavours added! This recipe is simple but in the video I added fresh raspberries to the mix it up as I laid up the mix into the bowls. The more times you make it the more comfortable and confident you will get to add variants.
- 4 medium green apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 1tbsp lemon juice
- 1tbsp caster sugar
- ¼ cup water
- 1tsp vanilla essence
- 1/3 cup plain flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar (or caster sugar)
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 60g butter, room temp and chopped
Ice cream/ cream/ custard
- Preheat oven to 160c (Fan)
- In a fry pan combine water, apples, sugar, juice, vanilla essence. Cook on a medium heat till apples soften. Approx 3min.
- In a bowl combine crumble ingredients. Using your fingers rub contents until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Using a heat proof dish place apple mixture in. Sprinkle crumble mixture over the apple mix.
- Bake for 20min or till crumble has browned.
- Allow to cool then serve up with your favourite topping! Ice cream custard or just cream.