Steamed pork and apple is a great combo. This was an experiment with a pork scotch fillet. A simple recipe that really can’t go wrong. When cooking the pork you want to work on 30min per half kilo and an internal temp of 75c and then let it rest (covered) for 20min before carving up.
- 1.2kg Pork scotch Fillet
- 2 apples
- 1/3 cup Pistachio nuts, shelled and unsalted
- Preheat oven to 200c
- Roughly grind up pistachios and grate apples, combine.
- Lay fillet out on baking paper and coat with apples and pistachios all over.
- Tightly wrap filet with baking paper, making sure its sealed well. Wrap in Alfoil as well to make sure it seals.
- Cook for 1.5hrs or till internal is about 75c. Rest for 20min.
- Carve up and enjoy
Cooking with Cameron
The Fathering Project