Tasty and creamy potato bake is a family favourite! Super easy to pull together and a way to make potatoes feed more people. You can cook this in advance and reheat as well! Down side is it needs about 2hrs to cook!
- 1kg potatoes
- 3 onions
- 600ml full thickened cream
- 600ml full milk
- 250g streaky bacon
- 150g grated cheese.
- Bake streaky bacon in oven for 20min on full heat. This will crisp up the bacon.
- Turn oven down to 180c
- Slice potatoes and onions. Lay out into a baking dish – potatoes/onions/garlic mustard/bacon – repeat and finish with potato and bacon on top!
- Pour cream and milk over the veges till about 80% covered.
- Bake for 1.5hrs. Remove from oven and add cheese to the top. Return to oven for 30min.
- Serve up as a side dish or even just on its own!
Cooking with Cameron
The Fathering Project