A healthy variation on beef nachos! Wallaby is a lean meat that is full of flavour. A little stronger than lamb but not as strong as Kangaroo. You can go with the tried and true El Passo nachos mix or find a gourmet version of the spice mix.
- 500g Wallaby mince
- Nachos seasoning mix
- 1 large packet of Corn Chips
- ½ medium onion (finely diced)
- 1 carrot (diced small)
- 1 Avocado
- Grated cheese
- Sour cream
- Tomato sauce
- Prep veges In a hot fry pan cook off onions for 60 seconds, then add carrots for another 60seconds. Once cooked add Wallaby mince and cook thru.
- Once cooked thru add seasoning mix and a splash of tomato sauce to give the mix some moisture. Stir thru. Remove from heat
- Heat oven to 250c. Lay out corn chips onto a baking try that is lined with baking paper. Spread grated cheese over Corn Chips. Place in oven until the cheese has melted.
- Cut Avocado in half and remove the skin and stone. Place into a small mixing bowl. Add some lemon juice and Guacamole seasoning and mash it together.
- Once cheese has melted remove from oven.
- Time to layer up! On a plate – Cheesy corn chips, mince mix, avocado and sour cream.
- Time to eat and enjoy!
Cooking with Cameron
The Fathering Project