A Children’s Week special. Cameron has handed over the reigns to his son, who’ll be leading this week’s dads and kids cook night.
Grab your sombreros and join us as we cook up a storm and indulge in a Mexican fiesta. Nachos are on the menu, but we encourage you to make a night of it and do the whole shebang; we’re talking guac, corn chips, tacos too!
Message from the head chef’s: Cameron and Josiah
“Nachos is a simple meal that’s is a great one for the kids to learn how to make. There are so many ways to create nachos so this is just one way. The basics are meat, corn chips, cheese. The seasoning is up to you, extra veggies hidden in the meat is up to you. Beans are also optional.”
- 500g beef mince
- 500g pork mince
- 2 packs of taco seasoning – mild
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 3 packets of corn chips
- 1 ½ cups grated cheese
- Sour cream
- 2 rip avocado
- ¼ red onion, finely chopped
- Splash lemon or lime juice
- 1tbs sweet chilli sauce
- Preheat fry pan to full
- Add beef and pork mince. Fry for 5min or until moisture has come out of the meat.
- Add onion and fry for 60seconds. Then add seasoning. Turn the heat down to medium. Stir thru for 2min
- Preheat oven to 180c
- Place baking paper on 2 baking trays. Lay corn chips evenly between trays, layer on meat sauce then cover with cheese.
- Place in oven for 10-15min till cheese has melted
- Make the guacamole – mix avocado red onion lime juice and sweet chilli sauce in a bowl
- Serve up nachos with Guacamole sour cream and some extra salsa.
Cooking with Cameron
The Fathering Channel