The humble burger, we mostly think of hamburgers, beef Pattie, yet a good homemade chicken Pattie can be so much more flavour full! By making it yourself you know what’s in it, you can make it to your own taste, and you can hide veggie’s in it!
- 1kg Chicken mince
- 1 large egg
- 1 medium carrot
- Handful of broccoli
- 2 stems of celery
- 3 large garlic cloves
- 2 spring onion
- Panko bread crumbs
- Burger buns
- In a blender, I use a hand blender, finely mix carrot, garlic, celery, broccoli, spring onion till its almost a paste.
- In a bowl combine mince, vege paste, egg and about 1/3 cup bread crumbs.
- Add more Panko crumbs into a bowl. Have a tray with baking paper on it ready. Make a ball of chicken mince to the desired size. In the video I make it a bit smaller than a tennis ball as I want a large paddy for the burger. Roll in in your hands then roll in Panko style crumbs till fully coated. Repeat till mince is used up. I made 12 paddies.
- Refrigerate for 1hr
- Heat fry pan or bbq plate to full. Lightly coat in oil.
- Place chicken balls on the hot plate leaving enough room to flatten out the paddy. Cook for 2 minutes. Flip mince ball over and using the spatula flatten out the paddy to 15-20mm. Cook for another 2 minutes or till paddy feels firm.
- Cut buns in half and lightly toast the bun. Spread Mayonnaise on the bottom half. Start laying up the paddy, tomato, beetroot, pineapple and then lettuce. A good chutney would also go well.
- Serve up and enjoy