This easy two-pot meal is bound to become a family favourite.
Prep time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 500g beef mince
- 1 small onion
- 1/4 capsicum
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup BBQ or tomato sauce
- 1 large carrot
- 5 brussels sprouts
- 1/2 head of broccoli
- 500ml pasta sauce
- 2 cups pasta
- Generous pinch of your favourite herbs
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed or finely diced
- Dice up carrot, brussels sprouts and broccoli.
- Finely chop onion and capsicum.
- In a medium bowl, mix the diced onion and capsicum with the mince, egg, sauce, breadcrumbs, herbs.
- Roll the mince mixture no larger than a 50c piece. If you have the time, cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Heat frying pan and melt a knob of butter. Cook meatballs over a medium heat, turning every few minutes. Once cooked through, remove from heat.
- Add another knob of butter to the pan and garlic. Once melted add the veggies and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add meatballs and pasta sauce to the pan and simmer while you cook the pasta.
- Boil water in a large pot and add 2 cups of pasta. Cook till just soft and then drain.
- Remove pasta sauce and meatball mix from the heat and serve over your freshly cooked pasta.