What is better than peanut butter? Mixing it with Caramel!! Seriously my favourite sweet. So, this pie is just awesome! My variation on this is using diary free (except for butter) and gluten free products. If you don’t need to be dairy and gluten free, just swap out the coconut cream for normal cream and also the sweeten condensed coconut milk for normal sweeten condensed milk.
- 300g choc cookies
- 100g melted butter
Peanut butter caramel
- 100g unsalted butter
- 110g brown sugar
- 320ml sweeten condensed coconut milk
- 280gm peanut butter – smooth
- 85ml coconut cream (don’t shake the tin and scoop out the top cream)
- 150g dairy free chocolate
- ¼ cup roughly chopped peanuts
- Grease base of a 23cm pie tart. Or spring form pan of similar size.
- Preheat oven to 160c
- Start with the crust
- Blitz biscuits in food processor until they look like fine crumbs
- Add melted butter, and blitz until it looks like wet sand, and if squeezed together just sticks together
- Pour into tin and compress. Using a cup or something with a flat base to push up the side walls. Leave to the side
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over a medium heat.
- Add sugar, continue to stir until sugar has melted. Don’t burn it!!
- Take off the heat.
- Quickly pour in condensed coconut milk whisking as you go.
- Add peanut butter and stir until smooth.
- Pour into pie crust and bake for 12-15min, or until surface has a wrinkly skin.
- Cool for 20min.
- To create the topping set up a double boiler. Saucepan with boiling water and a steel mixing bowl on top.
- Melt chocolate and coconut cream and mix until smooth.
- Pour over caramel filling. Trying not to go through the surface.
- Leave to cool for a few minutes and decorate with some crushed nuts.
- Refrigerate for at least 2hrs to allow chocolate to set.
Slice and serve up!
Cooking with Cameron
The Fathering Channel
Every Wednesday, we’re calling all dads to apron up with the kids and cook dinner for the family. Show us your MasterChef skills by tagging @thefatheringproject across Facebook and Instagram.
Subscribe for Updates