Cam Merchant has some tips on preparing for the final stage of pregnancy with his partner Jules
Cam has been attending the doctor visits with Jules, reading the same books, and attending birthing classes to understand the best role he can play in the final trimester.
Getting ready for the exciting ride ahead, Cam shares some tips:
- If there are tears, just ask how you can help and try a back rub, offer to cook dinner, make a cup of tea and make sure they put their feet up.
- Make sure you help with things around the house.
- Prepare 1-2 weeks of meals in the freezer to make life easier when returning home.
- Put together the first week home visiting roster and allow friends and family to help out with the cooking or shopping.
- Declutter around the house, and making sure you have prepared the baby’s room together.
- Have a haircut and get ready for the photos!
- Prepare your call list.
About Cameron Merchant
Australian cricketer Cameron Merchant had a Second XI career in Australia before moving to New Zealand to play first class cricket in 2007. The left-handed batsman (and occasional right-arm off-break bowler) scored more than 1,000 runs in First and Second XI cricket, including two centuries and five half-centuries.
After appearing on Australia’s ‘Married at First Sight’ TV show in 2019, Cam went on to marry his reality TV wife Jules Robinson in real life! The pair are now expecting parents, and Cam joins us to chat about his impending transition to family life.