On this week’s podcast we’re lucky to be joined by Paul Dillon from Drug and Alcohol Research Training Australia.
This podcast takes an honest and open look at what you need to know about your teens and risk taking behaviours like drinking, smoking and drug use, better equipping you so you can start more conversations about these behaviours and work to keep them safer.
This podcast covers:
- Just how dangerous is vaping? 2:51 – 7:08
- New trends and how teens are accessing drugs – 7:10 – 11:54
- Strategies to talk about drugs and alcohol with your teen 11:56 – 17:15
- Teen parties 17:15 – 22:27
- Misuse of pharmaceutical drugs 21:23 – 24:28
- Signs your teen might be using drugs or alcohol 25:20 – 27:42
- Biggest mistakes parents and teachers make talking about risky behaviours 28:07 – 30:57
About our Guest Paul Dillon
Paul has been working in the area of drug education for the past 25 years and has been contracted by many organisations to give regular updates on current drug trends.
He also regularly works with school communities to ensure that they have access to good quality information and best practice drug education. His book ‘Teenagers, Alcohol and Drugs’ was released nationally in February 2009. With a broad knowledge on a range of content areas, Paul regularly appears in the media and is regarded as a key social commentator who is regularly asked to discuss topical issues, particularly in relation to young people and drugs, with interviews on television programs such as Sunrise, TODAY and The Project.