Mixed choc-nutbar slice*
This week Cameron’s back in the family kitchen to share a quick and easy afternoon snack that’s bound to be a new favourite.
* Not for a child with nut allergies!
- 1 cup peanuts
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup macadamia nuts
- 1/4 cup pistachios
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 cup (approx) golden syrup/honey/glucose syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 block of cooking chocolate
- 50g copha
- Preheat oven to 140c.
- Mix nuts together with syrup and vanilla essence.
- Lay out mix into a baking paper lined baking tray. Cook for 40-45 min or till you can smell it!
- Remove and cool.
- Melt copha and chocolate together in a steel bowl over a steam pot.
- Once nut bar has cooled, peel baking paper off the bar and place the paper back in tray. Pour the melted chocolate mix into the paper and lay the nut bar back over it. Allow to cool!
- Cut to the size of your choosing.
Every Wednesday, we’re calling all dads to apron up with the kids and cook dinner for the family. Show us your MasterChef skills by tagging @thefatheringproject across Facebook and Instagram.
Subscribe for Updates