Mongolian lamb! The 1980’s local ‘Aussie Chinese’ restaurant favourite. Here is a recipe that doesn’t come straight from the bottle and is super tasty and one that will hopefully become a staple item on your family dinner menu.
- 500g lamb – thin slices
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Chinese cooking wine
- 3 tsp cornflour
- 2 tsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- 1 ½ tsp chilli flakes (plus or minus for flavour)
- 3 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 large onion – cut into slices
- 2 cloves garlic – finely chopped
- 4 green onions
- Combine marinade ingredients with lamb. Leave for 2hrs or up to 24hrs. The cheaper the lamb cut the longer the marinade to help tenderise the lamb
- Mix sauce ingredients and set aside
- Heat oil in wok and fry off onion til it starts to brown. Add garlic and stir for 30seconds.
- Add lamb, cook for about 3min or till lamb starts to brown. Add sauce mix, stir and simmer till sauce thickens
- Serve with rice.
Cooking with Cameron
The Fathering Channel