A simple scroll recipe. Using self raising flour takes out the need to use yeast and have to wait for the dough to rise. We used spelt flour here but easily transferable to normal flour. If you only have plain flour you can make it self raising buy adding 2 teaspoons of baking powder per cup of flour.
300g self raising spelt flour
70g butter (room temperature)
50g brown sugar
3 tsp cinnamon
1 apple peeled, cored and cut into small chunks
150g icing sugar
3tbs hot water
- Preheat oven to 210c. Lightly grease a 20cm round cake tin
- Rub butter and flour together in a bowl using finger tips
- Slowly add milk to flour mix. Knead together into a soft dough and smooth
- Roll the dough into a 5mm thick rectangle
- Add room temp butter, brown sugar and cinnamon into a mixing bowl and mix till creamy and smooth.
- Spread the cinnamon butter mixture onto the dough and sprinkle over the copped apple over the dough.
- Roll dough into a tube length ways. Using a sharp knife cut roll into 3cm thick slices.
- Place pieces cut side up into the cake tin, they should be tight fitting.
- Bake 15min or until golden brown. Allow to cool in the tin
- Mix icing sugar and hot water in a bowl tit it forms a runny smooth paste. Drizzle over the buns.
- Serve up!
Cooking with Cameron
The Fathering Channel