How do you cook the perfect steak?
Here’s my take – the secret to the best steak is not the cooking time, but the resting time!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Ingredients: steak of your choice, potatoes, carrot, broccoli, onion, pumpkin, cheese, butter, sour cream, herbs to suit taste (for vegetables).
- Preheat BBQ grill.
- Dice up all veggies.
- Boil potatoes until soft.
- When cooking the steak, work on 1 min each side then rest 1 minutes (in a 3-minute cycle). How thick your cut is, will dictate how many cycles are needed. As an example, rump from the supermarket usually takes 3 cycles.
- Once you’re done with the grill, cover in foil and rest the meat for 9 minutes.
- Heat a fry pan with oil and herbs to suit your taste (we used garlic, ginger and lemongrass). Fry off the remaining veggies.
- Whilst veggies are frying, drain potatoes, mash with sour cream, cheese, butter.
- Plate up!