Cameron Merchant is soon expecting his first child
Join Cam and our online community of soon-to-be dads as he shares the ups and downs of preparing for fatherhood.
You can also download his Dad Cam check-list below, here is a sneak-peak:
- Organise your doctor and support team
- Book the hospital and agree on your birth-plan approach
- Do a hospital tour to check out, the birthing suites, car park, nursery
- Book birthing classes and make sure you attend
- Make a list of the healthy foods and really try to avoid too much chocolate!
Send in your questions, queries and comments on all things firstborns, new bubs and what to expect from parenting.
Submit a first time fathering question, story or comment:
About Cameron Merchant
Australian cricketer Cameron Merchant had a Second XI career in Australia before moving to New Zealand to play first class cricket in 2007. The left-handed batsman (and occasional right-arm off-break bowler) scored more than 1,000 runs in First and Second XI cricket, including two centuries and five half-centuries.
After appearing on Australia’s ‘Married at First Sight’ TV show in 2019, Cam went on to marry his reality TV wife Jules Robinson in real life! The pair are now expecting parents, and Cam joins us to chat about his impending transition to family life.