Blue Cheese Polenta with Roasted Prawns, Shiitake Mushrooms and Truffle Oil
This restaurant style recipe is sure to wow your family, thanks to chef @lukewmangan
- 900ml milk
- 200g instant polenta
- 50ml cream
- 100g blue cheese (Stilton)
- Pinch of sea salt
- 6 medium-large prawns
- 50g Shitake mushroom
- 1 bunch rocket – washed
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Truffle oil (optional)
- Extra virgin olive oil
For the polenta:
- In a saucepan combine a pinch of sea salt and milk and bring to the boil.
- Pour in the polenta in a gradual steady stream, stirring constantly, and cook over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the cream, then crumble in the blue cheese and stir until melted through.
For the Shiitake mushrooms:
- Finely slice the mushrooms and blanch them in boiling salted water for about 30 seconds.
- Drain and place in a bowl mixing with the rocket.
For the prawns:
- Just before the polenta is ready, heat a heavy based frying pan and add a little extra virgin olive oil.
- When hot, add the prawns, pinch of salt and cook. Take care not to overcook them.
- Divide the polenta among six serving plates and flatten out a little with a knife.
- Top the polenta with a small pile the rocket and mushrooms and arrange the scallops around.
- Drizzle with a little truffle oil (optional).
Luke Mangan is a leading Australian restaurateur, chef and author of five best-selling cookbooks and an autobiography ‘The Making of a Chef’.
His influence on the food and wine industry has been enormous, including in top end travel food like Virgin Australia Business Class, the Eastern Oriental Express, and at sea, on board five P&O Cruise ships.
Luke’s Australian restaurants range from fine to casual dining, and feature unexpected creations highlighting his French culinary training and Asian influences.Previously Luke owned restaurants in Japan, Singapore and Indonesia under the Salt brand, which he stepped away from to focus on his Australian ventures, including Luke’s Kitchen, Luke’s Steakhouse and Luke’s Burger Bar.
Luke is the co-founder of Australia’s largest hospitality awards program, Appetite for Excellence, and The Inspired Series program, and is extremely passionate about promoting and enabling the development of young up-and-coming chefs, waiters and restaurateurs in Australia.