Family Partnerships Planning Tool
Research-based tool to build stronger school communities
Our work continues to support schools in engaging dads to build stronger family partnerships, for the benefit of the children.
Did you know – Dads play a vital role in the School Community?
Research shows that when schools have an emphasis on specifically engaging fathers and father-figures, they see a significant benefit for their students and their whole school community.
The Fathering Project supports schools in two key areas that work together to engage fathers and support family partnerships.
One key area is the Family Partnerships Planning Tool. Developed as an innovative online tool, it provides evidence-based resources and strategies to help schools work more closely with parents, and in particular fathers.
The aim of the Family Partnerships Planning Tool is to benchmark your school’s current actions, identify strengths and needs, and plan improvements to develop family partnerships.
How does it benefit your school?
- Saves time and fast tracks your school’s progress review and planning to focus on improvement.
- Automatically analyses your input and generates a strategic plan to improve the school-family partnerships.
- Strength-based program which encourages schools to identify, celebrate and promote what they’re doing well, in addition to identifying areas for improvement.
- Links to evidence-based strategies and comprehensive toolkits too support family relationship-building activities.
- Provides valuable data and content for the school’s annual reporting.
- Analyses your current activities to compare overall partnerships with families, with specific actions to partner with fathers.
There are important benefits in using the Family Partnerships Planning Tool:
- It reviews your school’s current actions, identifies strengths and needs, and plans for improvement to strengthen family partnerships with an additional emphasis on fathers.
- Provides a range of strategies, tips and resources to fast track implementation of the school plan to improve family partnerships.
- Supports actions across 7 core elements of Family Partnerships (which have been developed to align with National, State and Territory policies and key accountabilities):
- School culture of partnership
- Welcoming school environment
- Engagement in school
- Learning at school and home
- Family learning and support
- Decision making
To understand what is provided as part of The Fathering Project In Schools Program, including the Dads Group initiative and the Family Partnerships Planning Tool, Click here to review our fees and services explained.
How to register your interest in the Family Partnerships Planning Tool
- Our staff are available to assist every step of the way, send us your details and we will get in touch with you – register here.
- Contact us on 1300 FATHERS or via email@example.com