Fathering for the future
Our mission is to educate, connect and empower fathers and father figures across Australia to prevent long term social, emotional and cognitive difficulties and create the conditions for children to thrive. We do this through:
Research investigating the impact of fathers on children’s lives from the perinatal period to adulthood.
Prevention and Intervention programs and services aimed at improving father, family and community relationships and connections and reducing rates of suicide, domestic violence, anti-social behaviour and poor mental health.
Public Awareness programs to increase community understanding around the crucial impact fathers have on their children’s lives.
Support at-risk and vulnerable fathers and communities through face-to-face outreach services.
Educate and support practitioners to work with fathers, children, and families to prevent long term social and emotional issues and build strong and enduring family relationships.
Advocate to government and industry to improve recognition of the fathering role within our society and investment into new resources and programs.
As a not-for-profit organisation, we rely on the generosity of our supporters to make an impact. Your partnership is critical in helping us transform the lives of children, fathers and families. There are many different ways you can get involved –
- Host a fundraiser or awareness-raising activity at your company, organisation or club
- Form a Dad’s group through your school, early learning centre or community centre
- Sign up for our weekly tips
- Talk to us about a tailored program for your business or workplace
- Choose us as your preferred charity for tax deductible donations
- Volunteer your time or expertise