Position Vacant – WA Schools Manager
The Fathering Project Schools Manager
Position Title: WA Schools Manager
Reports to: WA State Manager
Location: UWA Claremont Campus.
Salary: $xxx,000 – Negotiable
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Purpose of the position:
The Schools Manager will grow and sustain The Fathering Project’s schools program to enable the achievement of the goal of impacting all schools in WA within 5 years.
- Establish new schools Fathering Project Dads Groups
- Implement a retention strategy for existing groups
- Support the implementation of the online schools App
- Establish strong relationships with the education sector and parent groups in order that The Fathering Project programs can be implemented in schools.
- Develop resources and implement volunteer strategies in order to deliver programs of a high standard to schools.
- Represent, promote and source opportunities for The Fathering Project.
Primary tasks and responsibilities:
- Schools program
- Initiate the schools programs – source, convert, register, retain and support.
- Arrange and where necessary undertake schools presentations
- Create a support system for schools groups
- Liaise with schools in relation to the ongoing conduct of schools programs and activities
- Ensure school pays fee as determined, currently $400 pa
- Build The Fathering Project database by ensuring schools participants are registered
- Conduct school Launch Presentations
- Ensure presenter feedback forms are completed
- Schools collateral
- Develop presentations, curriculum materials and activity programs for use in schools
- Seek innovative ways of presenting and disseminating the information
- Schools partnerships
- Create positive relationships with school stakeholders including – Department of Education, Primary Principals Association, WACSSO, AIS, AHISSA, CEO, school principals and administration, parents, etc
- Maintain and develop customer relations management systems to support the schools’ program
- Maintain records to ensure accurate information is disseminated, contacts and activities are accurate
- Manage administration support by Admin Officer.
- Volunteer training & support
- Recruit suitable volunteers and development of recruitment systems
- Ensure top class training is provided to volunteers
- Monitor the performance of volunteers
- Establish reward and recognition systems for volunteers
- Research & evaluation
- Implement evaluation protocols as determined by Scientific Advisory Group
- Monitor, evaluate and report on the effectiveness of individual initiatives
- Ensure all programs are based upon sound research and are evaluated
- Ensure schools statistics are gathered in accordance with protocols
- Ensure effective risk management is undertaken for all programs
- Develop and organise events to advance The Fathering Project programs and fundraising
- Attend The Fathering Project events as required
- Promotion & website
- Actively promote The Fathering Project including the use of digital media
- Maintain up to date information on the website
- Provide resources including best practice activities
- Develop on line portal for schools.
- Monitoring and reporting
- Other duties as directed by the State Manager and CEO.
Work related requirements
- Ability to work autonomously and strategically
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent organisational and planning ability, setting and managing priorities
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of programs and/or educational settings
- Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills with confidence in preparing and delivering compelling presentations, pitches and proposals
- Exceptional relationship management skills with demonstrated experience across a wide range of stakeholders
- Broad network of contacts in the education sector
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office suite of programs
- Willingness to work flexible hours and undertake some travel
- Current Australian driver’s licence
- Experience in school administration
- Working knowledge of The Fathering Project
How to apply:
SEEK APPLICATIONS ONLY
Applications close Wednesday 17thJuly 2019
Queries can be directed to:
Steven Rushforth (WA State Manager) E: email@example.com
CC: Admin E: firstname.lastname@example.org