Benefits of our school program
Research shows that schools that specifically target fathers will see better outcomes for students.
When fathers participate in school activities, meetings and events, children enjoy school more, are less likely to have behaviour issues and are more likely to participate in extracurricular activities. Children are also more likely to engage more in school and perform better academically. Other benefits include:
- Increased student connectedness with school
- Increased physical activity and better health outcomes
- Increased self-esteem and resilience
- Reduced bullying behaviours
- Reduced delinquent behaviours
- Reduced engagement in unhealthy and risky behaviours
- Reduced alcohol, tobacco and drug use
- Increased social responsibility and social maturity
- Reduced suicide and self-harm
- Reduced substance abuse
Recent dads and kids events
Our evidence-based programs support schools to effectively engage students, fathers and families and build strong community partnerships for the lifelong benefit of students. Programs include:
- Evidence-based information for fathers on relevant topics such as supporting learning, positive discipline and encouraging resilience.
- Events and activities for schools to share with fathers and families to build engagement, skills and knowledge.
- Step-by-step support, tools and professional development resources for staff.
Every community is different, so schools can choose from three levels of support that suits them, with our research showing a three year commitment provides optimal outcomes for schools, fathers and students.