Position Vacant – Communications & Administration Coordinator
Communications & Admin Coordinator
- FT – 38 hours per week
- Monday – Friday, 8.30 am – 5.00 pm, plus other hours as require
- Reporting to the Digital Manager
The Fathering Project PKH (Preventing Kids Harm) is a preventative Not-for-profit established by Professor Bruce Robinson. At our core is the desire to ensure every child in Australia (and the world) has an effective father or father-figure.
We know that an effective father-figure has a profound impact on the health and wellbeing of a child and a child with an effective father or father-figure in their lives is significantly less at risk of harm; youth suicide, self-harm, substance abuse, crime, domestic violence, the list goes on…
Everything we do at The Fathering Project is designed to help fathers and father-figures become more effective. We’re responsive to the needs of kids and fathers today, and proactive in the prevention of issues in the future.
We engage and inspire fathers and father-figures to think about their priorities and to elevate the importance of fathering in their lives and their children’s lives, by encouraging fathers and father-figures to Put Fathering First, for the benefit of their kids.
As an organisation we’re currently undergoing a growth phase and require the support of a Communications and Admin who aligns with our vision and wants to make a difference in the lives of Australian kids – The role is responsible for supporting the communications projects to ensure they’re delivering on our objectives.
Purpose of the position:
The position is a joint role, incorporating both communications and administrative support to the Communications Team (60% comms and 40% admin support).
Primarily, the purpose of this role is to support the organisation and specifically the CEO, in ensuring all opportunities for effective communications are identified and achieved to grow the reach, grow revenue and to correctly position The Fathering Project as an innovative and high-profile organisation.
The role will work within the communications team to implement the communications plan.
Primary tasks and responsibilities:
Key responsibilities will include:
- The development and implementation of effective communications – guided by a communications strategy and activity plan, leveraging the available channels.
- Content Creation – Coordination of content creation projects.
- Build Online Profile – Coordination of content across channels – Owned and Earned, predominantly Website and Social Channels.
- Fundraising – Event planning and implementation
- Monitoring and reporting – Effectiveness of digital channels – website and social media monitoring and reporting.
- Administration support to the CEO
- Tertiary degree in communications or similar
- Sound skill in coordination of digital and social platforms and abreast of evolving trends
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in graphic design and video production – Adobe Indesign CC
Applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Friday 24th May 2019